Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goals for 2013

New year, new resolutions.

Let's see what I can come up with :-)

1. Not spend more than USD 500 on anything studio-related; this includes gear, plugins, instruments; this will be particularly hard since I need to get a better reverb plugin (Valhalla Room?), a much better drum sequencer (looking at Steven Slate Drums), maybe a chnage in audio interface. Oh yeah, I'd need a bass. Or a bass player :-)

2. Re-track and remix my first 4 songs; this one is underway but I need to decide when done is done

3. Compose, perform, track, mix and master Missa Nova, my short mass; this will be a huge challenge for someone as busy as I am.

4. Write down my basic workflow; with the books I've read / I'm reading, this shouldn't be too hard - and will be very useful and a huge time saver (see 3.)

5. Finish Rocksmith to hone my guitar skills; I can play basic chords but I suck at the rest, from jazzier chords to riffs to solos

6. Only keep the free plugins I really need, maybe make a list of 10 and stick to those

That's way too many, of course, but hey, it's not like you'll break my kneecaps if I don't do it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment